Wednesday, July 24, 2013

TRADE & MADE

GUYS! I'm back! I know I've taken a long break from blogging and I apologize for not giving you all a heads up. In short, I needed a break to have some time for myself and to explore some more passions and to figure out what really makes me come alive. It's been a healthy time of rejuvenation and slowing down. I've continued to create several projects that I can't wait to share with you all and I've got some new endeavors in the works.

First up is a bigger and better version of Trade & Made with some amazing DIY bloggers! Trade & Made started last year between Erin Souder of House of Earnest and myself where we traded a box of DIY supplies with one another with the challenge to come up with a project using only the contents we received. (See the things we came up with here and here.) The project was so fun and we received such great feedback that we decided to invite DIY enthusiasts to join in on the fun.

The project begins today with bloggers sharing the contents they received and a hint to the projects they are dreaming up. See the complete list of participants and catch up on there plans right here at www.trade-and-made.com.

So what's in the box?


I was so excited to open the box and find such great supplies! A huge thanks to our sponsors: Michaels, Clear & Simple Stamps, For the Makers, Deco Art and Specialty Bottle. This project certainly wouldn't have been possible without your support! And also a loud shout out to Gloria of Little White Whale who designed the most lovely site for us to house this project on. THANK YOU! Some of the items included are paint, brushes, containers (glass, plastic & tin), tags, wooden plaques, a paper mache cone, paper boxes and tags, beads, plastic bags and embroidery floss. Now let the brainstorming begin!

Come back next Wednesday for a full reveal and tutorial on the project I've decided to make using at least four of the items you see here and don't forget to follow along with all of the participants at Trade & Made.

1 comment:

  1. this is awesome. i need to get in on this! i just found your blog from the kcbloggermeetup site, i am a local kc blogger too! awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete